Monday 18 June 2012

Identity : Session 5

My Time My Space sessions ingredients are always the same, a warm, quiet, supportive environment, a table laid beautifully, with different materials to inspire thoughts and possible conversations.  To begin this session there is arranged on the table some vintage magazines - 'Women's Realm' which a friend gave to me to share with the group.  I share too a memory book I made for a hospital project, colourful crammed full pages, wrapped in the softest black leather from an old chair.  I originally made the book thinking if lost my memory and couldn't recall my life, that I would hope someone would find the book, show me the pages and I would know myself once more.  Inside the book is lots of pictures from my travels to Japan.  We agree next week to have fun and bring out the camera to take portraits of ourselves to create art dolls.




We begin by exploring ideas of places we were inspired by..and times enjoyed.  Cutting from old magazines, newspapers, birthday cards and photocopied images, collaged pages become memory stories.


A memory tree is made, the beginnings of a wishing game, a imaginary journey and a golden faraway shore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment