Monday 2 July 2012

Out of the Blue : Session 7

A grey July rainy Monday morning and we settle in anticipation around the table, some of us feeling various shades on wellness, challenges of sorting children and the need for sunshine!  Talk turns to discussing how coming to the sessions have helped and what would happen at THE END.  Ideas of what could possibly continue, ie organise time to meet up as mums & babies, coffee mornings, etc.  I discuss how previous groups have continued to meet (until their kids are secondary school age), in a group called OUT OF THE BLUE. There is pondering too, about how post-natal depression can affect one woman and not another, happen with one birth but not another.

There is talk of this blog, the first comment from the group has been posted, I can see it but for some reason nobody else can read it!  Someone else too has tried to leave a comment but to no avail.... and so there is a mutter about technology.  

"I think Health Visitors could show this blog to other mother's,
who may be uncertain or shy about joining MTMS."


"I arrive feeling one way and always leave feeling different...I always feel so much better after coming here" she said.
Paula has brought from her time in Japan, an amazing photo album of her experiences which include shrines, statues and young girls dressed up as maids.  On the table she places wish dolls.  There is laughter as I share out the series of portrait photographs taken in last week's session. Courage is mentioned. Hmm I think looking at my image, I look like I am only half there. Someone else comments that she could possibly feature on a wanted poster.  Ohhh, I don't want to see myself, is another cry.  OMG I didn't know I had so many freckles.  Why do I look like I have a black eye is another cry?


 "I would never have thought arty sessions 
would be for me", she said whilst gluing purple wool hair on her head.


The images of the amazingly unique faces are fast and furiously cut, stuck, selectively arranged and transformed into various guises, creating story scenes within the pages of our journals, with children added, or created into paper mache dolls.  The past and the present feelings are written into the pages of the books, and inside tightly wrapped paper dolls dreams for the future are created out of the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment